Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Can We Learn From The Past???

It's about 9:45 Wednesday Morning and I'm drinking my first cup of coffee, thanks Dad.  The Market is down, housing sucks, and we're all still long MVIS.  With the new Jack Johnson CD blaring through my speakers I barely hear something interesting on MSNBC:  "current market conditions are eerily similar to those of 1989-90."  Well I was in 4th grade playing RYSL on the weekends at that time.  I decided to run a Google Search "1989-1990 Market Conditions."  There wasn't much worth looking at on the first 10 search results.  I decided to click on the last result on the second page of results.  It's An Article From April 2006 and It's Titled 'Echoes of 1990?'  The Author Is John Rubino.  He is the author of The Coming Collapse of the Dollar, How to Profit From the Coming Real Estate Bust (2003).  He is a former Wall Street financial analyst and columnist with theStreet.com.  He currently writes for Fidelity Magazine, CFA Magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and Merrill Lynch Advisor.

No comments: