Friday, June 29, 2007

Crazy


So last night i'm waiting on a group of 5 guys in the bar at Mitchell's Slave Market. While taking care of the gentleman throughout the night I notice the topic of their conversation was the PGA Tour. Every time I went by their table I could hear them debating Tiger, Bubba, and Phil. Naturally, when I have a laid back table that likes to talk golf I share my Tiger Woods story with them. So that's what I did. However, this time was different. I didn't get the usual uproar of laughter followed by a series of questions. Instead, while telling my tale, the gentleman were just laughing to themselves and staring at each other across the table in disbelief. Something was up. So I asked them, "You guys from around here?". One of the gentleman replied, "No, we're here on business". And then it clicked...the Buick Open is being held this week at Warwick Hills. So then I asked the big question. Do you guys work for the Buick Open? The gentleman replied...Yes (and I stood there dumbfounded). So I asked if they were at last years event. To which he replied (while laughing), "Yes, we were in charge of handling your apple toss and covered the entire story last year. We had to do countless hours of extra work last year because of you". No way! One year later, the apple guy and his crew of Buick Open officials were reunited. It was a good laugh for everyone.

1 comment:

Fred Sanford said...

Wow, small world. Will there be an encore performance? Washington apple?